Save time and money by purchasing this bundle of YEAR-LONG PASSAGES FOR CLOSE READING! These fun and engaging passages and activities have everything your students need to practice independent reading and comprehension. You can prep all of your reading lessons or centers for the whole year now and save time and money!
What is included inside the close reading bundle?
- September through May close reading passages and activities.
- 36 TOTAL of engaging and themed reading passages that go along with current holidays and events.
- BOTH traditional printing or digital options.
- Digital access to Google Slides, Boom Cards, and Seesaw.
EACH MONTH INCLUDES:
Close Reading Directions
- Definitions and strategies for a close reading lesson plan.
- Links to helpful videos with a close reading lesson in action.
- Product walkthrough to make sure you get the most out of your close reading lessons.
Daily Close Reading Lesson Plans
- Five days of NO-PREP lessons to help you guide your students through the text. There is a breakdown of each day by the goal of the reading. This includes:
- Introducing the text.
- Tricky words and sentence starters for partner conversations.
- Vocabulary “deep dive” to understand the meaning of new words.
- Comprehension lessons and activities for recall and text understanding.
- Interactive writing directions and suggestions.
- Wrap up journal suggestions to celebrate the end of the week.
- List of tools that you need for the week.
- Printable close reading annotation poster
- Vocabulary lessons and printables
- 4 nonfiction texts in black and white and color
- 4 fiction texts in black and white and color
- Printable activities to further understanding of the text.
- Classroom and partner management techniques.
- Printable posters to help your students learn how to discuss the text with a partner.