Students Will Love The December Writing Centers Bundle
Students who have different choices at your writing center will enjoy independent writing more.
This December writing center has multiple activities for your students depending on their ability level or interests.
Your students will have the choice of 16 different types of writing paper to write about all about December.
How Will This Help My Students At Their Writing Centers?
It’s difficult to choose writing center activities because your student’s abilities are not one-size-fits-all.
Differentiation is difficult at any independent literacy stations, especially at your writing stations.
That’s why it’s important to offer activities for your students who are just beginning to write words as well as providing challenging writing activities for your students who are writing sentences and paragraphs. This December writing station meets the needs of your diverse learners as they learn to write words, sentences, and paragraphs independently.
Inside The December Writing Center Bundle:
- Vocabulary Word Cards
- Paper Bag Puppet
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Vocabulary Picture Poster
- Vocabulary Word Mini-book
- Vocabulary Word Spinner
16 different types of writing pages
- “Draw and write” with space for 3 different vocabulary words and pictures
- “Draw and write” with space for 9 different vocabulary words and pictures
- “Draw and write” with space for a large picture and writing space for sentences or a paragraph
- “Write what you like” with space for a large picture and writing space for sentences or a paragraph
- “Spin and write” with space for 3 different vocabulary words and pictures
- “Spin and write” with space for a large picture and vocabulary sentences
- “Write what you see” with space for 3 different vocabulary words and pictures
- “Write what you see” with space for a large picture and writing space for sentences or a paragraph
- “Write what you like” with space for 3 different vocabulary words and pictures
- Letter writing page
- List making page
- “Find, Color, Write” – 3 different pages with 3 vocabulary terms to search for and write
- Vocabulary Word Recording Sheet – For use with digital resources.
- Vocabulary Sentences Recording Sheet – For use with digital resources.
Many Options To Use The December Writing Centers Bundle
- Make the paper bag puppet with the December image and laminate the word cards. Your students will take a card, write it on their recording forms and feed it to the hungry puppet!
- Laminate and add the picture cards to a pocket chart. Students take a card and add it to their list of December words.
- Add the vocabulary word spinners to your writing center. Students spin a paperclip to decide which December item to write about.
- Students use vocabulary cards to help them spell words and come up with new sentences.
- If you use writing folders, add the vocabulary poster and the writing pages to your student’s writing center folders. Perfect for a grab-and-go-writing center.
- Use both digital and print writing activities! Students read the words and sentences on their devices and record them on the form. This also helps your ELL learners!
Along with the differentiation and the writing choices in this December writing center bundle, your students will enjoy the engaging winter writing activities. Instead of having the pressure of coming up with something to write about, the helpful vocabulary cards and posters will help spark their imagination. And since these activities are so interactive, you will find that they have plenty to keep their attention while they’re at your independent writing center.
Add Digital Writing Activities To Your December Writing Centers
With this December writing centers bundle, you have several options of platforms and writing activities.
The digital writing centers are on
The digital writing center activities can be used as a stand alone with engaging colorful slides for your students to move images of December items and write the words, or search for words and write sentences.
If you are looking for a blend of print and digital writing centers, use the vocabulary resources to read the words and sentences from their devices and record it on the included recording forms.
Note: Seesaw users can move an actual magnifying glass to find the hidden word on the page!