Kids love the story, The Emperor’s New Clothes. Add this timeless fairytale to your listening station for your students to listen to the tale of the foolish emperor who did not think for himself.
It’s one of the popular fairy tales in a collection of listening center activities. This also includes a video of the story, digital reading passages with audio, plus many comprehension activities!
Digital Resources For The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Available on Google Slides and Seesaw.
- Your students will watch the video on the first slide of the resource. They will not be redirected to YouTube.
- The story is written on several slides in a storybook format complete with audio.
- Interactive sequencing to put the fairy tale story in order.
- Comprehension checks for understanding with movable pieces.
- Writing prompt based on the fairy tale.
The Emperor’s New Clothes Printable Worksheets
The following printable worksheets are available for this fairy tale story.
- Text passages to print for your students to follow along with the video.
- The video on a QR code. Paste the code on a folder for your students to take to their seats, or post at your listening centers.
- Questions for comprehension to check for their understanding of the fairy tale story.
- Writing extensions about what they would do if they were the emperor.
- Activities for sequencing. Either print for your students to color and cut out, or laminate and reuse year after year.
- A foldable mini-book for The Emperor’s New Clothes.
Adding Fairy Tale Classics To Your Listening Center
Watch this video to see examples of this product and how to adapt your listening center to include popular fairy tales such as The Emperor’s New Clothes.
It is important to vary your instruction to include both printable worksheets and technology. This product will let you choose which resources to use, based on the needs of your students. Love The Emperor’s New Clothes?
Grab the reader’s theater scripts HERE so your fairy tale unit has everything you need!