Whether you are a newbie or a total pro to close reading, you will find this close reading text resource helpful. When it comes to close reading passages these EASY TO USE, NO PREP reading passages are perfect for engaging your students.
Carefully Crafted Close Reading Passages
Each passage is perfect for your readers that need to read independently so they can deepen their understanding of a text! These EIGHT closed reading passages and examples are the perfect resources to add to your reading lesson.
Not only do they come PRINT READY but you will also have instant access to digital options like Google Slides, Boom Cards, and Seesaw.
You won’t have to worry about timely lesson planning because these close reading passages also include FIVE DAYS of NO-PREP lessons to help you guide your students through the text. Breakdown of each day by the goal of the reading.
What Else Is Inside?
- 4 nonfiction texts in black and white and color
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- What do Animals Do In Winter?
- 4 fiction texts in black and white and color
- Bear Sleeps
- Snow Day
- The Snowman
- New Year’s Resolutions
- Close reading lesson plans for EACH of the close reading texts. These are no-prep lessons. Just print and go!
- Definitions and strategies for a close reading lesson plan.
- Links to helpful videos with a close reading lesson in action.
- Product walkthrough to make sure you get the most out of your close reading lessons.
- Close reading questions for comprehension.
- Writing activities to extend the content from the close reading texts.
- Partner organization and classroom management for an engaging close reading lesson.
- Anchor chart for close reading annotation.